Monday, September 22, 2008

long drives and late night talks

"And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast."
--1st Peter 5:10

After a small venting text message to my lovely friend kevin about the array of emotions i was going through at the time, he sent me this scripture. and for that i am thankful.
This past week i have really tried to give all my emotions and "baggage" to God. Whenever i get really bogged down with everything going on in my head right now i have tried to remember to just say a small prayer and release it to him. Sometimes this is hard, and i feel like instead of those emotions getting released up to god they get bottled inside and (like tonight) need to be released. So i went for a drive, and text kevin, and that is the first part of what he sent me. and it just reminded me that god is still there. and i thank kevin for always reminding me that god is still there.

after driving tonight i went to the colvins house and adam offered me icecream (which i accepted) and we tried to work on bible homework. got most of the reading i needed to do done, but we mostly ended up talking the whole time. most of it was silly meaningless stuff; but as i was reading the book for bible ("more ready than you realize") we started having more meaningful conversation about god and faith and church and life...and it was really nice. we talked about that till it was time for curfew...i enjoyed it. i like talking about things the mean something in life.

anyway. that was my night. a little harder than the past few, but good in their own way.

No comments: